Hey I did a really cool thing with wires and coding and Stuff

So in CSAI, we started a project building a game and a controller using software called Make Code Arcade. This required us to code a game using block coding. After that, we had to set up a controller, like in an arcade. Pretty rad right. It had wiring and buttons and everything! So this was my first time working with wiring and I really enjoyed it. I always thought that wiring and mechanics we’re cool so it was so fun to work with them hands on. The first step was to wire up these cool arcade buttons we got. We added a switch to the button in order for it to make the fun clicky sound and to be able to attach all the wiring to it. We had to strip the end of the wires and connect them to other wires and put those in these blue terminals that would connect to the buttons. Sounds pretty confusing. It kinda was but it was still super fun. After that, we made a big mega wire that connected to all the buttons called the ground wire. I don’t really know what it does but it was cool. We had to cute holes in a shoe box in order to fit the buttons and stuff in it. Another fun thing was the Raspberry pie. It’s sort of a mini computer. You can plug wires, cables, and hook up a monitor. We had to hook up the wires we connected to the buttons and put them in little pegs on the raspberry pie. There was a slide on the monitor once you plugged everything in showing where to put the wires in the raspberry pie, but I messed up my wiring so much that I accidentally memorized the entire layout of where the wires go. I didn’t know how to decorate the box other than with spray paint and I was too lazy to actually paint n it so I came up with what I thought was a decently creative solution. I found a bunch on rainbow paperclips on the ground and bent them into the letter and secured them to the box with more paperclips and hot glue. I’m pretty proud of myself for thinking of that. It was really cool to see my game on a screen and to see how everyone else decorated their boxes and did their games. I really enjoyed this project and would love to do things similar to it in the future